Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have been dealing with the shingles for the past year.i

Customer Question

i have been dealing with the shingles for the past year.i will be 66 years old the 16 of this month,it started on the left side and now on both sides,also settled in both ankles which stay wet and dead skin all the time i am male. i use mostley cortizone 10 and other itch relief.i went through the pill regiment last year,i am 59 at 200 lbs thanks
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: it seems when i start to clear up to be able to take the shot i start to have a backset.it seemed to drop to my ankles about 3 months ago.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: any other meds other than ibpropens to help with the pain and itching and watery dead skin ankles?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Please post the pictures?

Was the diagnosis confirmed by your dermatologist?

What are the treatment tried?