Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I have a hard ball size lump just inside my vagina. It's

Customer Question

I have a hard ball size lump just inside my vagina. It's moveable, painful and very much in my way. I'm diabetic w/Afib. What could this lump be?
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: It is hard. 2 maybe 3 weeks
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nothing I can think of
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Associated pain,itching?

Vaginal discharge?

Burning sensation and pain during urination?

Are you taking any medications?

History of unprotected sex?

Please upload a picture if possible to review.

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry. Not able to make a picture.
Unprotected sex with my husband only. No open sores or lacerations or irritations as in possible allergies. I do have allergies, but this is not an allergic reaction. No fevers, the spot is the size of a ping pong ball. No discharges. No itching. Some pain as I walk or sit as it gets in the way.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am on several medications:
Carvedilol 25 mg twice daily
Flecanide 50 mg. ". ". "
Warfarin. 7 1/2 mg per day
Bentyl. 25 mg. 4 times daily
Zantac. PRN
Junuvia. 50 mgperday
Gabapentin 300 mg per day
Duloxetin. 40 mg per day
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 4 months ago.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
Thanks for all these additional information.
I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,possible causes may include Bartholin cyst- inflammation of glands that are located at the entrance to a woman's vagina, one on each side.

Sebaceous cyst.

You should do warm water sitz bath with betadine solution twice a day for 10 minutes.

You should holding a warm compress (a flannel or cotton wool warmed with hot water) against the area
Take OTC Motrin and Claritin.

You should wear loose fitted cotton clothes to prevent friction.

If your symptoms'll persist then see your gynecologist for pelvic examination for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do wear loose cotton clothing.What would cause as Bartholin cyst- inflammation of glands that are located at the entrance to a woman's vagina, one on each side.
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 4 months ago.

The cause of a Bartholin's cyst is a backup of fluid. Fluid may accumulate when the opening of the gland (duct) becomes obstructed, perhaps caused by infection or friction/irritation during sex.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 4 months ago.

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.