Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I've had diarrhea for about 10 days and can't seem to

Customer Question

i've had diarrhea for about 10 days and can't seem to pinpoint what it could be from it usually happens right after i eat
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: no other symptoms that's what's weird
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: and when i wake up in the morning, my bowel movement is fine. but then after the first bowel movement then i have diahrea i have no medical history and i'm 33 i'm relatively healthy
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

How many episodes of loose stools a day?

Bloating,flatulence?

Nausea,vomiting?

Pain abdomen?

Heartburn?

Are stools foul smelled?

Alcohol and smoking intake?

Are you taking any medications?

Dizziness,weakness?

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
about 5-6 loose stools, no bloating or flatulence, no nausea or vomiting. no pain of heartburn. stools don't smell that bad. no medication. smoke marijuana like three times a week and drink like every other day 2-6 drinks of alcohol. no dizziness. maybe more tired, can't quite tell though.
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 5 months ago.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
Thanks for all these additional information.
I understand your concern.

Well as you describe there may be possibility of gastroenteritis in your case.
And main line of treatment include rehydrate yourself with plenty of fluids and Oral rehydration solution (Gatorade).
Also take metamucil.
Continue to eat at easy to digest food like soup or BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast).
Take OTC Imodium if you have severe diarrhea.

Take proper rest and avoid dairy products, caffeine, alcohol,under cooked meat and fish and fatty rich food.

Start a probiotic and eat yogurt.

If your symptoms 'll persist you need to be seen by your regular doctor for a clinical examination and undergo Stool routine examination, CT scan abdomen to rule out underlying possible cause which may include Intestinal parasitic infection, colitis, Irritable Bowel syndrome.
Also if you feel dizziness and severe diarrhea then you may require IV fluids and injectable medications.
If you have severe abdominal pain then visit ER for prompt treatment.
I hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you. i was thinking something along those lines as well. thanks again for your help.
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 5 months ago.

I wish for your good health.
Please do not forget to leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars if you are satisfied with our conversation. Bonus is highly appreciated.
We can continue our conversation even after you provide rating.

Kind Regards
Dr.Anil