Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
14180959

I just change my daughter diaper and notice some blood on

Customer Question

Hey
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: I just change my daughter diaper and notice some blood on the diaper and a little blood discharged from her is that normal
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: Hello u still there
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nope I have been fine just my daughter is my concern now and she's 10 months by the way
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 4 months ago.

Dear customer,

The breast feed infant may tiny tear in the inside skin of the anus called an anal fissure which may cause such symptoms. Sometimes the bleeding is from an irritated intestine (colitis). The colitis can also cause mucous and blood in the stools.The colitis can also be caused by viral and bacterial infections which needs to be treated with suitable drugs.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you