Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I was diagnosed with pleurisy on 03/18, but keep having

Customer Question

Hello! I was diagnosed with pleurisy on 03/18, but keep having reoccurring pain flair ups. Had blood work done showing no troponin and chest x-ray showing no fluid or blockage. The pain has tapered off significantly since starting, but should it take this long/ should o give it some more tome
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: Besides being fat, good otherwise. Walk 4 miles a day. Resting heart rate of 66 per my Fitbit.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I was diagnosed with non alcoholic fatty liver syndrome years ago. Last month I had one night of heavy drinking and that sent my pulse and pain back up significantly for a few days.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Pleurisy causes adhesions or scarring between the two layers of the pleura. The scar tissue can become painful off and on for almost 12 months. Though the pain intensity and frequency would gradually decrease significantly in due course of time. Deep breathing exercises and mild to moderate physical activity like brisk walking would help in early resolution.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.