How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 46734
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Something caught in throat or air way. can breath ok. feels

Customer Question

something caught in throat or air way . can breath ok. feels like something stuck. i ate some chips and a partical is caught. went down wrong pipe.what can i do . i have gargled and have tried to cough it up.but still stuck.small piece
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: since i ate the chip about 4 hours other symptoms
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

you most likely have a cut in the back of your throat from your hard chips you have been eating.

if you are drinking water and still feel it there, it is not food stuck there

it is a cut on the back of your throat

it will heal with time.

you don't have to worry

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

you are welcome

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you may have to scroll down to see the ratings area in blue

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using

Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

did you want to talk by phone?

your payment didn't go through for phone consultation

Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

do you see the ratings area?