How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29245
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My doctor recently prescribed AMLODIPINE (5 mg) for high

Customer Question

My doctor recently prescribed AMLODIPINE (5 mg) for high blood pressure.
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?
Customer: she mentioned that it might cause mild edema in my legs (which it did).
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: It took me a couple of weeks to figure out it could also be causing edema in my genitalia. Of course, I've discontinued the med; but how do I deal with the swollen genitals and penis (base)?
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 4 months ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

That swelling will go away over next 2 weeks or so. Please follow a low sodium diet. Also you may use dandelion extract supplement which is a natural diuretic to eliminate the swelling. Prescription diuretic like hydrochlorothiazide also can be used to eliminate swelling as well as lowering blood pressure.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile: