How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 18786
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The Doctor I was going to for my siactica, lower back

Customer Question

The Doctor I was going to for my siactica, lower back region, shoulder and neck pain was terminated from the neurology clinic were he was working, las month. Well none of the of thee doctors at the clinic will take any od his patients. I tried calling around town looking fpr a pain management doctor and once u say u were his pt they will not accept u. Nor can u fet a referral to any other soctor from anyone ar that clinic. I have been taking pain meds since 2005 and now i cant get a refill of my meds becauze no doctor will write the precription if u were a patient of this particular doctor. So now I'm going thru withdrawals thru no fault of my own. Is there a law being broken here. How can i fet my meds
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I take hydrocodone10/325
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I also take 2 tizanadine bid and norvas 5mg 1daily.
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 5 months ago.

Hello from justAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

From the perspective of patient care, there is no law being broken here. There is no obligation that partners continue care as provided by a doctor that was terminated. The medical board for the state may expect that the remaining partners provide emergency care until patients are established with another doctor or for 30 days, but that obligation does not include an expectation that pain medicines should be continued.

The only way that you can get your medicines prescribed is to be seen by a doctor. I understand that you say that every doctor in town is refusing to see patients that were seen by this specific doctor, but you need to persist until you can find a doctor that is willing to see you.