Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have a granddaughter that has for a year now been lightly

Customer Question

Hello, My Name is***** have a granddaughter that has for a year now been lightly cutting her arms, she has been diagnosed with anxiety, depression, with suicidal thoughts. she has been seeing a doctor at the Greater Binghamton Mental hospital, they have put her on several different meds. my granddaughter says there not helping her, I'm afraid she will achieve the attempts on her life. do you have any suggestion of different facilities that could help in getting her under the right program and medication.
JA: I'm an assistant to the Doctor. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: Ms. Wilson,
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: my daughter won't allow me to talk to anyone about my granddaughter's problems. but I'm in great concern about my granddaughter because my daughter will only listen to these other Doctors and not adhere to my advice to reach out to other facilities and Doctors for second option's. my granddaughter was sent to my eldest daughter in Fl. for help and the school physiologist couldn't help her there either. My daughter is at the edge of a possible breakdown at this point. She calls me upset and scared that her daughter my granddaughter will be sent to the physic ward. I'm not sure what else I can do for them. except to listen and pray.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: this isn't about me its about my grandaughter
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry about your granddaughter.

what medications have they tried her on?

she may need to be on the medications longer and at higher doses.