Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I believe I have cellulitis in the face was at the doctors

Customer Question

I believe I have cellulitis in the face was at the doctors on Tuesday and she prescribe Teva Cephalexin 500mg for 4 times a day for 7 day. I am starting day 3 it does not seem to heal too quickly should I panic now and go to emerge or should I continue this treatment for another day to see what happens?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: It started on the 30th 0f April a small corner near my lip where I had a cold sore I used Was Marts polysporin on the 1st of May trans feared to feducin on the 2nd on Friday the Hyderm both prescribed by the local nurse practionner. After the weekend it spread over my left cheek so I went to the doctor's office on the 9th because it was using it was hot itchy and swelling. Late yesterday afternoon I saw good results no swelling and the losing had stopped. This morning the sweeping has returned not as bad but it is there and the oozing as stated again not as bad
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had this 24 years ago and spent 3 weeks in the hospital with IV. If I get a cols sore or cut I have to be careful and not go near animals or anything that might get it worse since the hospital episode I usually keep it under control with Hydern. The last time I needed Hyderm was in 2010
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 4 months ago.

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo on this page for me?