Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

Had some increasing pain in my left leg for about 18 hours.

Customer Question

Had some increasing pain in my left leg for about 18 hours. Started like a pulled muscle but now it is more intense and has increased in discomfort. Could it be a clot?
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Any redness or swelling in the leg?
Customer: No redness. Swelling only slight at most. It's hard to find a comfortable position. Leg is weak to walk or climb stairs. Little sleep. Tossing and turning caused a lot of intense pain
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: On cholesterol meds. Also take low dose of lamotrigine for seizures. Haven't had one in over 5 years
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age and gender?

Do you have lower back pain?

Do you have radiating pain throughout the leg?

Numbness,tingling sensation?

Any tenderness,warm to touch?

History of injury?

Are you overweight?

Is pain continuous or intermittent at certain position?

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am a 50 year old male physically active not overweight. 5'7" 195. Pain is intermittent throughout the leg. Warm to touch. Some tingling and numbness in foot and calf. Tough to find a good spot to relax
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just making sure I can wait for an appointment with the doc or if I should head to the er
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for all these additional information.
I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,chances of blood clot formation(Deep vein thrombosis) are less likely.

It sounds Lumbar radiculopathy( the compression of lumbar nerve or sacral nerves at lumbosacral spine,pelvis in it's path)results in pain, numbness and tingling sensation in leg and foot.

If pain is unbearable then visit emergency room.

You can try leg stretching.

You should do gentle massage with muscle relaxant ointment and warm compresses on affected area.

Also take OTC Motrin in the meantime.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 5 months ago.

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.