How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. RK Your Own Question
Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2902
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. RK is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Recently diagnosed as pre-diabetic. Been taking Janumet for

Customer Question

Recently diagnosed as pre-diabetic. Been taking Janumet for 5 days, woke up in middle of night extremely dizzy, light headed. Didn't know if low sugar or bp. Ate an apple and cottage cheese. Helped but took while to subside. Did not take medicine today and feel dizzy again and thirsty. Been drinking lots of water. Do I need to go to ER as side effect says possible lactic acidosis?
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Have you been feeling dizzy or lightheaded?
Customer: Yes. Saw doctor Thursday.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Only taken 5 days No he knows family diabetic history
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 4 months ago.

Dear customer,

What re your current sugar levels?

are you taking any drug/medications?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
A1c is 6.1. Glucose 90s. Janumet, 50/500mg, phendimetrazine 105mg
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Dizziness is side effect. Should I go to ER
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 4 months ago.

Dear customer,

The blood glucose levels in the range of 90s are in the normal range and you should not worry.Also the levels are HbA1c is within normal range.Since you are feeling dizzy as the side effect of the drug, its nothing serious to worry.You need not go to ER for this.You may reconsult your doctor to get the dose adjusted as the decrease in dose may be required if you have repetitive episodes.Just monitor your sugar levels and eat sweet s if your sugars levels go down because of the drug.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Please rate me positive if you are satisfied with my service.

Thank you