Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I just took 1 phendimetrazine 105mg ER capsule that had been

Customer Question

I just took 1 phendimetrazine 105mg ER capsule that had been prescribed to me and am in the middle of accepting a new job. Will I be able to pass drug screen it is a hospital I am going to work
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: blood and urine I suppose
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No I have the prescription I am taking it for weight loss
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 5 months ago.

Hello from justAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

The phedimetrazine is a type of amphetamine, so can cause a positive urine drug screen for amphetamines. The confirmatory test will be able to determine the exact drug that is present.

However, since you have a legal prescription for the phendimetrazine, you will not be considered to have failed the test. When someone is taking a drug according to a valid prescription, the detection of that drug on a pre-employment drug test is not an issue and the person will still pass the drug test.

So, while the drug can be detected by the pre-employment drug test, you will still pass the test.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.