Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Ive got a very bad rash on my foot and its constanly weeping

Customer Question

Ive got a very bad rash on my foot and its constanly weeping and is really irritant
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: Very bad rash
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Ive got sensitive skin
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: Ya skin rash has spread over the top of my foot and is extremly sensitive and its now starting on my other foot. My nail on my baby toe doesnt seem to grow and ive started to notice a pale white layer behind the nail
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 5 months ago.

Sorry to hear about this affliction. How long have you had it? Can you upload a picture or two?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ive had it now for about 2 months and it just seems to get worse
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 5 months ago.

Have you noticed any swelling in the legs or feet? Are you diabetic?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Every now and again it looks swolling.and no im not diabetic
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 5 months ago.

The appearance is consistent with a non-specific dermatitis, possibly from poor circulation in the feet. You should be evaluated for this as it is usually treatable. There may also be a component of cellulitis (infection) under the surface which is keeping the inflammation and symptoms going. A short course of antibiotics with coverage against staph and strep may be very helpful in clearing this up. In the meantime, try to avoid hot water and drying soaps which can exacerbate the rash. Double rinse your socks as a residue of laundry detergent may be irritating the skin and breaking down the top-most layer.