DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have been having balance problems and dizziness for a

Customer Question

I have been having balance problems and dizziness for a week. I had had a few days of mild dizziness and then all of a sudden, i felt very off balance, had a hard time walking without holding on to walls. It wasn't necessarily dizzy-ness at that time. I have off and on experienced nausea, extreme fatigue and dizziness that is present for hours at a time. I saw my primary care physician Friday to see if it might be inner ear related. I had very mild pressure feeling on one ear and very mild sinus pressure. He didn't think it was an ear infection, but some sort of upper respiratory thing, had me start taking decongestant and antihistamine. It helped after a number of doses, but seems to come back off and on. I went to the chiropractor yesterday and he said C2 was out of alignment. The adjustment did help, but this morning I feel off balance again and my eyes feel like they are trying to do something to compensate. Do you have any suggestions? Or do I need to check in with a doctor again or see someone else? I'm going on vacation on the 20th and will be flying. I just want to make sure it isn't going to be a problem (plus I'd like it to go away anyway). & it feels different than lightheadedness (I tend to have blood pressure on the low end of normal, so I'm familiar with that).
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Do you have an MRI of the cervical spine ?

Regards

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do from several years ago when I was in a car accident. Had some beginnings of degeneration, but nothing more than age. No disk issues.I will say that I stopped (had been tapering with my psychiatrist's supervision) taking klonapin two weeks beforehand. It had been 3 weeks now since my last dose. I didn't notice any side effects other than a slight increase in anxiety. I know that there can be a period of other things beyond the immediate few days. Is there a way to determine if this is the cause vs ear or something else?I have not had any recent physical trauma.

Thanks for the information

I would say that this can be due to cervical spine problem which are giving rise to such symptoms. You need to have a fresh MRI to find out to which extent there is cervical spine problem. Klonopin withdrawal can also cause such symptoms and should be considered if the MRI Of cervical spine is normal and not a reason for your symptoms

Good luck

I am available and happy to assist you any further if you do need any further clarification on this

Do feel free to ask for any further information till you are satisfied that I have provided you with a 5 star rating service.

Regards

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is this going to get a second opinion? It's been about 48 hours since I requested one