Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have Parkinsons since 8 months. My right hand is slow and

Customer Question

I have Parkinsons since 8 months. My right hand is slow and effected. But now I find my right hand skin darker than the left hand. What could be the reason and how can I treat it
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: The skin issue is since a month. No change in colour of nails only right hand skin has darkened slightly
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Just that I have Parkinson's and my right hand effected. I am under homeopathy
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 5 months ago.

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
When shall I get my answer
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The one in pink shirt. I only have this one right now

Got it--thanks

How long has it been that way and is the skin otherwise normal and smooth?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
otherwise Normal and smooth. Only colour is getting darker and the hand movement getting slower

OK

Not a circulation problem if that was your concern here

This is a hyperpigmentation problem and not anything like cancer or indicative of an underlying disease

No specific trigger for it but you can have your doctor prescribe hydroquinone cream to apply to it once a day for a month to clear this up

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Can we look at it with a different angle. There is numbness at times at night in my right hand. It pains somewhere in the entire hand. My hand is slow to move. When I try to pick things there is tremor in my hand
My back is stiff in the morning.
My back pains when I bend
It is difficult for me to rise and sit.
My orthopaedic says I have Slap tear injury in my shoulder diagnosed after I did the MRIDo you think there must be some nerve compression due to which this pain and slowness and numbness is there.

Yes it does sound like a nerve compression--and nerve root compression from a disk problem in your neck and I would gen an MRI of your cervical spine to check for that