Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I smoked crack early this morning I have a drug test Monday.

Customer Question

I smoked crack early this morning I have a drug test Monday. Will it be out of my system by Monday may 15th?
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: Urine
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 5 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

Yes, this typically would be out of your system by Monday. The period of detection for crack or cocaine is up to 5 days after use. Or more accurately, a metabolite of cocaine, benzoylecgonine, can be detected for up to 5 days after use. Since you smoked crack early this morning, then that would mean that it typically would be detected up until early Monday. So, if you are tested during the day on Monday, then the drug would be out of your system by the time that the urine is tested.

There is a small chance that a particular individual may metabolize drugs more slowly than is typical, but that is unusual. However, it would be reasonable for you to get the test done as late on Monday as is allowed. If you are given a specific time, then there is not much flexibility, but if you are told to get the test done in a range of time, such as during the hours that a lab is open, then it would be reasonable to get the test done as late as is allowed.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is there a remedy to flush it out ?

Drinking a good amount of fluid can help to flush the system and dilute the urine, but should not be done excessively, because a urine specimen that is too dilute will still be considered a failure. Drinking about 2.5 - 3.0 liters per day of fluid would be appropriate to flush the system without being excessive.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
that's 3 quarts a day?

Yes, about 2 and 1/2 to 3 quarts per day.