DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I am traveling and need a refill for Nuvigil 200mg, or

Customer Question

I am traveling and need a refill for Nuvigil 200mg, or armodafinil 200 mg. I am seeking an online physician to help me. Any ideas. Thanks Tersa
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Nuvigil and that's it
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am not allergic to amything.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 months ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 months ago.

You understand that this is not a telemedicine service correct?

What is your exact question: please clarify

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Dr Russ, I understand. I am traveling and have run out of my medication, I was looking for some ideas for a refill since I am far from home . Any thoughts are appreciated, two heads are better than one. Thanks Teresa
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 months ago.

OK

I understand.

If you are in the states, in most states your primary care doctor or other doctor can call in an emergency refill.

You will need to check with a local pharmacy where you are, and if so, call your doctor.

Other possible options:

go to an actual urgent care, not a quick care. Urgent cares have full fledged doctors who can assess your history and give you a temporary prescription. If you have records this will help.

Telemedicine: not likely, almost all of these do not give prescriptions or refills for controlled substances.

Or: call your doctor and see if they will attempt a refill where you are, that way you don't have to deal directly with the pharmacy.

The emergency room if you get in trouble, for example, sleep deprivation. That would be a last resort.

Hope this helps.

Please do a positive rating at this point, a 5 gets me credit with just answer, but I am happy to address further concerns.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you, I will try sn urgent care today.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 months ago.

You are welcome.

Please click a 5 on the rating scale.

We are only paid for our time for positive ratings.

Good luck.