Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I've been having tons of health problems since visiting my

Customer Question

I've been having tons of health problems since visiting my friend to help him clean and fix up his mom's house. She was a smoker and the house was nasty from the smoke. I've had symptoms like fatigue, headaches, muscle cramps, joint pain, light sensitivity, blue fingers and toes, dry eyes, hives, chills, along with problems with thinking, concentrating, like my brain is on auto pilot and no it's not depression or anxiety. I've seen many doctors. Endocrinologist, cardiologist, neurologist, immunologist and now a Rheumatologist. The immunologist diagnosed me with Primary Immunodeficiency (IgG). I also found out that since 2013 I've had low platelet counts (100-124) and at times low WBC but my primary doctor never told me about the blood test being abnormal. Currently, my platelet counts are right at 145 and the WBC are right at 3.8. In October 2016 I was on 4 weeks of Dexamethasone for a sinus infection and my platelet counts and WBC increased to 190 for platelets and 5 for WBC and since they have slowly declined.
At my appointment with the Rheumatologist he seems intrigued with my IgG deficiency and asked if the immunologist thought it was severe enough to treat it and I told him yes she did we are just waiting on the prior authorization from the insurance.
After I left the appointment I thought it was interesting that he was so interested in IgG deficiency more than my blue fingers and toes while he was doing my exam. When I look online there are statements like:Immunoglobulin levels are also used as part of an evaluation for autoimmune conditions such as juvenile idiopathic arthritis, lupus, and celiac disease.A test for immunoglobulins (antibodies) in the blood is done to:
Find certain autoimmune diseases or allergies.
Find certain types of cancer (such as multiple myeloma or macroglobulinemia).My question is why was he so interested and what does a Immunodeficiecy have to do with Autoimmune diseases?
I know the internet is full of crap and that's one reason why I don't want to ask him about it.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

how can I help?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I've been having tons of health problems since visiting my friend to help him clean and fix up his mom's house. She was a smoker and the house was nasty from the smoke. I've had symptoms like fatigue, headaches, muscle cramps, joint pain, light sensitivity, blue fingers and toes, dryeyes, hives, chills, along with problems with thinking, concentrating, like my brain is on auto pilot and no it's not depression or anxiety. I've seen many doctors. Endocrinologist, cardiologist, neurologist, immunologist and now a Rheumatologist. The immunologist diagnosed me with Primary Immunodeficiency (IgG). I also found out that since 2013 I've had low platelet counts (100-124) and at times low WBC but my primary doctor never told me about the blood test being abnormal. Currently, my platelet counts are right at 145 and the WBC are right at 3.8. In October 2016 I was on 4 weeks of Dexamethasone for a sinus infection and my platelet counts and WBC increased to 190 for platelets and 5 for WBC and since they have slowly declined.

I'm not sure

Did he say anything else?

just click send to reply