Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

My grandson 12 years old suddenly had a small lump appear on

Customer Question

My grandson 12 years old suddenly had a small lump appear on his farhead. We took him to the pediatrician who diagnosed it as a bug bite. He also had a smaller on on the other side of his head. The next morning he awoke to another lump behind his ear. The benedryl has done little to reduce the lumps. What should we do?
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: this just happened in the last two days.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 32 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry that your grandson is experiencing bug bites. First check his bedding to make sure there are no bugs, especially his pillow. Check the bites to make sure there is no stinger left in the bite. Apply 1% Hydrocortisone cream (purchase over the counter) to the bites twice daily. Continue Benadryl 25 mg at night and if tolerated (sleepy) twice during the day. The swelling should resolve in 48 hours after starting the Hydrocortisone cream.

I hope this is helpful.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

Any additional thoughts?

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

How is your grandson doing today?