Let me at the outset tell you that your blood sugars are normal and there is no concern in this front. The itchy calves and a one calf more prominent than other need to be investigated as following;
1) Electromyography/nerve conduction studies (EMG/NCS)
2) MRI of the spine
3) blood glucose, glucose tolerance test and glycosylated hemoglobin
4) serum B12 level with methylmalonic acid (with or without homocysteine),
5) serum protein electrophoresis
6) Anti-nuclear antibody
7) Lyme testing
8) Rheumatoid factor
9) Sjogren's syndrome testing (Anti-Ro, Anti-La Antibodies)
10) Complete blood count
11) Comprehensive metabolic panel.
Your symptoms are suggestive of mild neuropathy.
The other possibility to look for would be dryness of the skin and allergy.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.