Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I am experiencing stool for the first time. I've been

Customer Question

I am experiencing white stool for the first time. I've been suffering with stomach pain 6 days what should I do
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I suffer from acid reflux
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

What is your age and gender?

Do you have loss or appetite, abdominal pain, bodyache, fever, bloating, tenderness on abdomen?

Do you drink alcohol regularly?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
39 male
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Abdominal pain

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in a few minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't drink regularly

A white stool and abdominal pain can be due to liver inflammation and resultant jaundice. So you need to get the blood work for it. The other cause can be bile duct inflammation. An ultrasound and a CT scan would be recommended for it. You need to go to your doctor for investigations as soon as possible.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My problem started with food Thursday.Friday I was fineSaturday I went out with friends and had a couple of drinksNow I can't digest food easily

This is indicative of hepatitis or cholangitis. An ultrasound and liver function tests are first step of the diagnosis.

I am sorry, I cannot phone you but we can continue chat here.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thank you I'm going to see a gastroenterologist tomorrow

You are very welcome.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.