Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

Before I go to the ER, I was wondering what could it be why

Customer Question

Before I go to the ER, I was wondering what could it be why can't I hold down food... feels like it's stuck in my throat and I'm suffering from acid reflux a lot
JA: How severe is this?
Customer: From a scale 1_10 I'll give it a 8.. it comes and goes just tired of dealing with it
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Plus I have headaches every now and then
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age & gender?

Since how long you have this feeling of something/food struck in throat?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm 28 and I been dealing with this now for over a month it comes and goes
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms you have described of having food struck in throat is called as globus sensation.That is persistent or intermittent sensation of feeling of food or lump or foreign body or something else stuck in throat.Its most common causes are:gastroesophageal reflux disease(GERD),abnormalities of the upper esophageal sphincter,stress,psychological or psychiatric disorders.

You need upper endoscopy.Barium swallow test may be required.

As you have history of acid reflux,so GERD(gastroesophageal reflux disease) seems to be the most probable cause.

To get relief ,following is recommended for you now:

· Take Pepto-Bismol 2tsf thrice a day after meals.

· Take tab.Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg twice a day.Both these are available as over the counter (OTC)without a prescription & will help you greatly.

If still after this,the symptoms persists.then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit is less likely required.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No. Thank you. You've helped me out and I have an appointment with my doctor coming up soon.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the words of appreciation & for using just answer website.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh