Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My daughter has a fever of 39.8 i accidentally inserted a

Customer Question

My daughter has a fever of 39.8 i accidentally inserted a panamor 100 instead of the 12.5. This is a terrible mistake. I have made her go to the toilet and some poo did come out but not the suppository. Is there something else i can do? What should i be looking for? Do i need to take her to the ER? The ER is 45min away.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 5 months ago.

Hello I'm Dr Chip

If you have access to an enema and can give her that now to get the suppository out she'd be fine

If you don't have that she needs to be taken to the ER for that

Most likely this wouldn't be much of a problem but I'm concerned about possible liver failure if the suppository is allowed to be absorbed

Please let me know if you need any more information