The Physician
The Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Versatile Emergency Physician, 20 years experience as a Physician.
37289694

I am afflicted with extreme fatigue, I take about 6 or 7

Customer Question

I am afflicted with extreme fatigue
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I take about 6 or 7 meds for bio and diltizam, atorvastatin, then ability, lithium Prozac wellbutrin clonazepam as needed tradable ForFivo for Prozac. I got blodwork done and all good except TSH level high. I can't do anything for fatigue
JA: When was the last time you had your levels checked? Have you noticed any weight loss or weight gain?
Customer: I've gained a lot of weight this past fall and winter, eating sugar. I weigh 233 and this time last year 190
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: In a heart patient aince2013 when I quit smoking. I have a distended stomach. I like my cocktail of bipolar meds.
Category: Medical
Expert:  The Physician replied 4 months ago.

Hello

Welcome to JA

I am an Emergency Physician with over 25 years experience

I believe that most of your symptoms may be from Underactive thyroid or HYPOTHYROIDISM as shown by you high TSH levels

The symptoms of hypothyroidism, such as fatigue and weight gain, are due to slowing of your metabolism and as your metabolism continues to slow, you may develop other symptoms with Fatigue, Increased sensitivity to cold, Constipation, Dry skin, Puffy face, Hoarseness, and Muscle weakness.

Occasionally these symptoms may be misdiagnosed as depression in some patients

Treatment is simply by titrating doses of Synthroid or L-Thyroxine while measuring your TSH and T3 levels.

The medications you are taken may have to be reviewed once you start taking synthroid