Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My husband has vericoceles, And he's in pain. We went to the

Customer Question

My husband has vericoceles
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: And he's in pain. We went to the urgent care. They said see a urologist
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: We went to ER they said the same thing
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: We went to a urologist they said they can't do anything What do we do ? He's ok pain
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

What made the Urologist say something like that? And did the ER staff not address the pain? I'm sorry for starting an answer with a question but it is hard to believe the ER staff didn't address the No 1 symptom that deserves the highest priority in an emergency setup- pain! and it is their foremost duty to provide pain relief.

Varicoceles need to be excised and that is done by a Urologist as an elective procedure, for now, a scrotal support (something that can be bought from the pharmacy) should be worn. Massage the groin and scrotal area with Ibuprofen gel four times a day, take Sitz baths in luke warm water thrice a day and Aleve for pain relief.

Follow up with your Urologist for surgical treatment of the varicocele.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the service.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They said the same thing. We've been doing it . Urologist said it's not "bad" enough but he's in excruciating pain
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Then the diagnosis should be reconsidered. Did they do an ultrasound of the scrotum?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ultrasound detected hydrocele and varicoceles
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Varicoceles and hydroceles are not associated with excruciating pain. They present with a dull aching and dragging sensation. If they did do an ultrasound and have ruled out torsion of the testes and if this is in fact, varicocele associated then the pain killers should take care of it. If the regular pain relief is not working, then ask your doctor to add something stronger like vicodin to the regimen.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.