Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

What is Hypokalemia, I am to have a lab test for this

Customer Question

what is Hypokalemia
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I am to have a lab test for this particular name and so just wondering what is refers to
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: My doctor is so gentel and kind I don't think there is anything she doesn't know about me as I'm able to share with her easely
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

Hypokalemia means low potassium level in the blood. The normal range of potassium in the body is 3.5 to 5.5. Anything below the 3.5 mark is called hypokalemia.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the service.

Best wishes.