Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF A BUN BLOOD TEST. I HAVE A MASS IN

Customer Question
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF...
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF A BUN BLOOD TEST.
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: I HAVE A MASS IN THE UPPER ARM AND THEY WILL EVENTUALLY DO A BIOPSY. THEY HAVE ORDERED A BUN TEST AND A MRI. WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE BUN BLOOD TEST. WHAT COULD THEY BE LOOKING FOR.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: HAVE MANY HEMANGIOMAS IN MY BODY (LIVER, SPLEEN ETC.) PAST HISTORY OF CANCER IN 2001 AND NO REOCURRENCE. (ENDOMETRIAL)
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
5/9/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today

A blood urea nitrogen (BUN) test measures the amount of nitrogen in your blood that comes from the waste product urea.

It reveals important information about how well your kidneys and liver are working.

BUN levels tend to increase when the kidneys or liver are damaged.

So your doctor want to know the working of kidney & liver function especially the kidney.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

If you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you.we only get after positive feedback.

Please do reply back.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.Please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more stars).

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor