How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. RK Your Own Question
Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2914
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. RK is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Me & my boyfriend were having sex last night and I started

Customer Question

Me & my boyfriend were having sex last night and I started bleeding out of nowhere, the bleeding stopped to almost nothing a little after we stopped.
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?
Customer: Yes, and my health is fine.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am supposed to start my period next week, but I am lightly cramping today.
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 months ago.

Dear customer,

what is your age?

did you have any similar episode in past?

any associated fever, foul smelling vaginal discharge?

did you consult a doctor yet?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
23, no, no & no.
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 months ago.

Dear customer,

The bleeding after sex may be due to the various causes like pelvic inflammatory disease (PID),atrophic vaginitis, dryness or friction during sex, cervical or endometrial polyps and cervical or vaginal cancer.

As per the symptoms the chances of bleeding due to friction during sex may be the cause in your case.The use of lubrication before sex is advisable in such cases.

The other cause may be the polyps which may also cause such bleeding and should be checked for by test like colposcopy.

You should have the basic test done like pap smear, colposcopy, after consulting your doctor if your symptoms persist as the treatment depends on the underlying cause.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Thank you

Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 months ago.

Dear customer,

Please rate me positive if you are satisfied with my service or ask me for any more info.

Thank you