Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

On april 22nd i started getting a sore throat and it

Customer Question
Hi Pearl..on april 22nd i...
Hi Pearl..on april 22nd i started getting a sore throat and it eventually went into my chest and i began having a fever..on the 4th day i was coughing up green or grey colored mucous so I had a doctor prescribe me amoxicilin for 7 days and everything went away, but 2 days after i began getting a sore throat again and an annoying cough. The kind of cough that has that little tickle in your throat and you fight it all day not to cough. I have no fever and no more lung build up, just a sore throat for now another 7 days. Do you believe this is just perhaps a viral type situation or should I consult a doctor again? I thought i would try this site out since it's about a little over 2 weeks. Well i guess 2 weeks minus the couple good days i had after the antibiotics. Thanks
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: no fever just sore throat and tickly cough
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no other health issues
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
5/9/2017
Doctor: Dr.Sawhney, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor

Welcome to justanswer.I am Dr.Sawhney and your complete satisfaction is my goal.

I am reviewing your question and would respond shortly.

This is likely to be a viral infection. These infections are mostly limiting. I don't think you need to see a doctor for this. You may use salt water gargles and throat lozenges available over the counter at pharmacies for the relief of tickling feeling and discomfort.

Another possible cause can be Acid Reflux which can be treated with Proton pump inhibitors like Omeprazole again available at local pharmacies.You may need to take a 20 mg tablet empty stomach 30 to 45 minutes before breakfast or dinner.

It should improve with a week.

Feel free to ask any followup questions.

Do take a moment to honor my work and time by rating my answer, hopefully 5 stars.

Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor