Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have a question for a foot doctor. I am a" lady of 75" and

Customer Question

I have a question for a foot doctor. I am a "young lady of 75" and have thick toenails especisally the big toe. In back of the 2 big toes is a large painful calous. What can I have done about that.?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: my primary care doctor states that you can't go to a podiatrist if you are not diabetic. I know that is not true
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: for a couple of months. taking ADVIL OR SOAKING MY FEET IN EPSON SALTS
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: NO
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

You can see and get consultation from podiatrist as it does not matter you are diabetic or not. Moreover if you can not find podiatrist you can see dermatologist as the best treatment for this is shaving off the callous to relieve symptoms.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.