Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

My upper left and lower teeth are aching real bad, Less than

Customer Question

My upper left and lower teeth are aching real bad
JA: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: Less than three weeks ago for cleaning
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 4 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Ja and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. Now from what you are describing it sounds like that you may have developed one of a couple of conditions. The first one which comes to mind is that you could have gingivitis which is a condition in which there is inflammation of the gums. This would lead to bleeding and pain in the gums. This can occur commonly after cleaning if the teeth. The diagnosis is fairly easy with the help of a simple examination . the treatment is usually with the help of antibiotics and if necessary anti fungal medications. Another cause of this could be associated with another condition such a trigeminal neuralGia which can cause sharp and shooting pains in the Jaws. This would be diagnosed on a clinical examination and the treatment can be with carbamezapine. But right now I would suggest that you start using otc ibuprofen at a dose of 200 to 400 mg thrice a day which should help here. Try chlorhexidine mouth wash as well which is also available otc. If these don't help then see your doctor for possible antibiotics. Do you have anymore questions? Do remember to leave a positive rating as that is how we are compensated for helping you today.