Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I broke out in a rash and itching a week and a half ago when

Customer Question

I broke out in a rash and itching a week and a half ago when I was taking an antibiotic. I thought it was the medicine I was taking so I stopped taking it and went to the ER and got a shot of Benadryl. It helped at first, but the same itching and red bumps across my cheeks are back again now though.
Can you develop problems to foods or juices you have been drinking all along that originally were not a problem for you? I only have three foods I eat now and one juice I drink.
Can environmental allergies make you break out as well or do you have to come in direct contact with it ( by touching it or ingesting it) to have a skin reaction?
I have had trouble with OTC Benadryl medication ever since the one I took was discontinued several years ago.
There are a couple of children's liquids I haven't tried yet but was wondering on some of the inactive ingredients.
One has poloxamer 407 in it and the other has sorbitol in it. I have read where both of these can have a laxative
effect. I take potassium supplements daily for diarrhea and do not want anything making diarrhea worse.
Can I safely try these or is it best to avoid since I do have diarrhea?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Yes, you can develop allergies to foods and meds at any time when you have previously tolerated them

Can you send a pic of the rash?

how long ago did you take the antibiotic?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The antibiotic was taken april 19.
after I got the Benadryl shot, it seemed to help some. but it was only a short time though
and then my symptoms gradually came back. I don't have a picture of the rash but I can take one and see if I can upload it to send.
thanks.

okay please do

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I tried sending them but I couldn't. I can describe it to you but am unable to send pics. I am not sure why but they will not upload.

you can email them

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What's the email address?

you have to accept additional services

still need help?