Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
13711182

I have a yeast infection under my right breast. I got some

Customer Question

I have a yeast infection under my right breast. I got some cream for athletes foot to put on it, I'm also putting baby powder on top of the cream. Right now I have paper towel in between the top and bottom to keep the moisture out. Am I doing the right thing
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: Just a burning painful rash. A little but of fatigue.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: It started yesterday but it's worse today. Not really
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nope
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 4 months ago.

You're correct that a paper towel or other things to keep the area dry will be helpful.

I would use something more specific for yeast infection, such as clotrimazole, which is over the counter. Hopefully, the rash will clear within a couple of days. If not, I would see a doctor, since perhaps it's not a yeast infection. Best wishes.