Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I am having dizzy spells. My blood pressure fluctuate. The

Customer Question

I am having dizzy spells. My blood pressure fluctuate. The last time I took it it was 95/74. I am walking everyday and have lost 15 lbs. the dizziness has been going on for a while. I drink a lot of water. I don't know what is going on.
JA: Is this consistent, or is there some fluctuation in blood pressure?
Customer: From 140/85 to 95/74. The dizziness is pretty consistent when I stand up, walk a few steps and even when I am in bed.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have had many surgeries on my digestive system. My last one was a year ago but I am doing fine.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Your blood pressure is very low compared to your normal BP. This can be due to the electrolyte deficiencies if you have diarrhea, vomiting. Also BP lowering medication can be an issue as well. Underlying bacterial infection can be another cause. Next important thing is adrenal gland insufficiency. Lack of cortisol can cause drop in blood pressure. Heart disease is another possibility.
You should go to the ER for further evaluation.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/