Dr. Scott, Doctor
Experience:  Physician
96592888

I was recently diagnosed with NAFLD and was told to diet but

Customer Question

I was recently diagnosed with NAFLD and was told to diet but not what kind of diet nor what I could eat. I am also prediabetic, can you give me an idea on what I can be eating,and the diet to be on. Someone told me a low/ no carb was the one I needed to be on,but I would like to be sure. Thank you,Deborah McDaniel
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No,just all the blood test. I was referred to a specialist and will see him next week. My meds have been cut down to,Metformin 850 mg twice daily,Vitamin D3 1000IUD once daily, and Losartan 100mg. That is all I take unless I need my mobic 15mg for arthritis pain in the hip.
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: Don't really know the answers to this yet.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not to my knowledge. No family history of liver ailments that I can think of
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 4 months ago.
CLL is the most common leukemia in adults
Hi there, I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today. Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer. Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
Oops sorry wrong person
hypocaloric diet alone or in conjunction with increased physical activity to achieve weight loss and reduce hepatic steatosis
You should eat less calories with more complex carbohydrates. Also a diet rich in fruits and vegetables
metformin may be more effective than diet alone

Do you have any additional questions?

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

If not please send 5 stars above!