DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have a vein on my forearm that hurts and is very big and,

Customer Question

I have a vein on my forearm that hurts and is very big and green, should I be concerned? I really haven't ever seen anything like it before.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: I have had it for 6-7 days. When I'm working (typing a lot and using the mouse, it seems to get bigger & hurt more), I have wrapped it...in a small effort thinking that maybe it might not "explode" :)
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have had two shots in this arm, near where the vein begins (at the wrist) that my doc said was because of a tendon issue. My thumb movement was "killing" moving or holding still. I think they were cortisone
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It seems like a superficial thrombophlebitis. You should apply elastic bandage over it and use anti inflammatory like ibuprofen for few days to see if it helps.In case if that does not get better in a few days then you will need to see your doctor for evaluation including a duplex ultrasound for flow of blood in the vessels

Good luck

I am available and happy to assist you any further if you do need any further clarification on this

Do feel free to ask for any further information till you are satisfied that I have provided you with a 5 star rating service.

Regards