Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Second opinion] On waking up and opening eyes, a flash of

Customer Question

Second opinion] On waking up and opening eyes, a flash of red, and or green showed on first blink, then normal. Eyes seemed to be stuck together. Has only happened twice, far apart in time.
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: It has only happened one other time, a long time ago. I awoke to bright light coming in window. Bright light seems to bother me. I always wear sunglasses outside.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am nearsighted, and in the past few years have been diagnosed with astigmatism. I read for a living. I am an editor.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 5 months ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

How old are you? Do you have any other symptoms such as pain, redness, or eye discharge?