Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I get acute recurrent sinusitis every allergy season.

Customer Question
Hi I get acute recurrent...
Hi I get acute recurrent sinusitis every allergy season. Terrible headaches in front of face and on top of head. Vertigo and very, very tired and irritable. Upper teeth are very throbbing and terrible taste in My mouth. My doc usually gives me antibiotics that clear it up rather quickly but I'd have to wait at least a month to see him. Can you please help me?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/1/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 11 months ago

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Following would be the treatment protocol for sinusitis;

1) Nasal steroid; decrease inflammation and open up obstruction.

2) Oral decongestants such as pseudoephedrine are often helpful.

3) Topical decongestant for short duration.

4) Antihistamines; use only if allergic.

5) Steam vaporizer

6) Eucalyptus oil may help

7) Nasal saline irrigation

8) Vitamin C

9) Antibiotics; if nasal culture is positive and there are signs in CT scan.

For treating it naturally; steam inhalation, nasal saline water (salt water) irrigation (can be done by Neti-pot), Vitamin C, Eucalyptus oil inhalation can be done. Following can increase the body immunity so help in overcoming the sinus infection;

1) Omega 3; Fish oil capsule and flaxseed oil capsule.

2) Ginkgo Biloba

3) Zinc 30 mg.

You may also be looked for GERD, which has increasingly been implicated in causing or exacerbating chronic sinusitis. The exact relationships and mechanisms are presently a matter of speculation, though.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.
I've tried all of those and ct scan was positive for some kind of diturbinate (?) and middle ear complications. Problems that cause recurrent bacterial sinusitis. This was done over ten years ago and it's always the same. I can't miss work but I can't work like this for a whole month just to wait for my doctor to prescribe antibiotics again. I'm miserable. C as n you just please call in an rx for antibiotics at my pharmacy?

We cannot prescribe here, unfortunately. This is a question answer website.

Hope you are doing good.

Family Physician, Doctor