Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My wife had a shot in her eye today by her eye doctor. In

My wife had a shot in her eye today by her eye doctor. In last 15 minutes she says a black dot appears to be floating about 15 inches from her eye.
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: Visited the doctor today and had the shot in her eye. First time this has happened. Gets the shot every 4 months.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Most of the time the black dot in this scenario is air that comes with an injection or a very little dot of blood. It will disappear on its own in a day or two. In case she has any issue with vision or dot does not disappear she should followup with her doctor for thorough examination.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best.