Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I had a urine test and I take Roxy cotton for chronic pain

I had a urine test and I take Roxy cotton for chronic pain and my test showed creatine and Cody and I'm confused
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: I think they were testing for the opiate for the Oxycontin I'm not sure about the time sensitive
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: What do you mean
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Why there was creatine and codeine in my urine

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. When did you last take oxycontin or are you on this daily? have you requested a GC/MS test be done?

Also are you on any other medications, even supplements or OTC medications?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
zinc, sertraline, zolf,D-3, Acidophilus, ,clonazpam, tramadol and hydroxy. I am also taking probiotic daily.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I would rather text.

Thanks for the additional information, let me just write down an answer for you and ill get back to you in a few mins. If you get a phone call request, that is an automated site response. I DID NOT send it. Thanks!

I have been called to the ICU so i will opt out and let another expert answer this question for you. Sorry for the inconvienience but a patient has gone critical. Do not reply to this as that will lock the question back to me.

Creatinine is normally present in urine and you are tested positive for codeine because you are taking oxycortin(oxycodone) and tramadol. Oxycodone has variable cross-reactivity with different opiate-screening assays. So tramadol and oxycodone are the drugs giving false positive for codeine in your urine sample.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best.

Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you very much for taking your time to explain my test results. I was quite nervous at first because I hadn't taken any codeine that I was aware of. Your expertise allows me to have peace of mind and for that I am grateful. Sincerely Donna

My pleasure to help you Donna.

Wish you good health.