Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have itching around the neck. Just started Doxycycline…

I have itching around the...
I have itching around the neck. Just started Doxycycline yesterday for Bronchitis. Have had a total of three pills. I have taken this before just last year with no ill effects or itching. Is it ok to continue taking? I don't have any big rashes just a little itching. I have another pill to take tonight.Taking 25 meq Potassium supplements 4 times a day as directed by Dr. (Nephrologist) for low potassium. Have been doing this now for several weeks. Still have diarrhea. Should I continue taking four time a day for now with diarrhea continuing?Also, I have chronic shortness of breath. No good portable oxygen to take out. Portable units not helpful and burn when I put cannuals in. Only have wall unit at home that helps. How do I get to a doctor/ hospital to check on potassium levels when I have trouble going out anywhere without a portable unit?I would appreciate your help.
4/21/2017
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Absolutely not!

have you take this before?

Are you talking about the Doxycycline? Yes I have taken it before, quite a few times.

I would not recommend continuing

you are probably having an allergic reaction

Thank you. DO you have any suggestions on the potassium part?

Yes, you should continue and I would ask about stopping the diarrhea

what is causing the diarrhea?

I'm not sure
Maybe lupus or allergies

ok maybe immodium would help

ask about that

and yes continue the potassium because you are losing it in the stool

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

What should I take for Bronchitis if doxycycline is not good anymore?
I can't taken Erthromycin or Penicillin.

I would ask for keflex

Ok thank you. Do you have any ideas on the portable oxygen units? Will a humidifier help the portable unit not burn?

Yes, it will

I recommend lanolin in the nose too

you can get it OTC

Thanks for your help.

welcome :)

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor