Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified.
65718478

Anyone help me out on premature chest hair greying?

Customer Question

Hello doctors ,,anyone help me out on premature chest hair greying ?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Captain replied 4 months ago.

Hello, welcome to the JustAnswer.com question/answer interface.

Your Doctor: I am a Family Medicine physician, trained and board-certified in the US with active licenses and certification, and 10 years of experience in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, and Obstetrics and Gynecology. I have advanced training in Integrative Medicine & Functional Medicine, Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-versed in Alternative Medicine. So far, 99.5% of the Justanswer community of customers has found my answers helpful, and I currently have the honor of being the highest rated clinician on the site! I will do my best to win over your approval as well !

Excellent Reviews: For your review, here is a direct link with my current ratings: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

Your Choices Here:

1) A brief telephone call, where we can eliminate the keyboard and cover whatever material you'd like, in real time. With this approach, you can certainly as many (or few) questions as you’d like, and we can cover topics which may be more embarrassing to some to write down, and of course - without the hassle of typing.

2) A direct, summary response to your post. I can provide you with both general and focused thoughts that can help you better understand your situation and the relevant medical facts. This is the choice if you’d like a quick answer, I’m more than happy to provide this.

3) A more back-and-forth approach to dialog, where we can both converse, and provide a longer series of questions and answers, with the opportunity to have more details clarified and expanded, over a longer period of time. This is the choice if you’d like a more detailed response, or prefer not to rush an answer.

Cost: There is no difference in charges for either of the chat/text-based answers. No matter which you select, I will remain here in the dialog to answer any follow-up questions, without additional charges. My goal is to give you a response that meets your needs. No matter what you choose, the goal here is for your satisfaction, and I’ll do my best to take the appropriate time to help you make sure you receive a 5-star answer.

To You: I have read your post and your query. Currently, the field of medical science does not yet understand the mechanism of why hair color changes to grey - and we have no effective treatments yet! I'm sorry for the stress this must be causing you! I can imagine you must be quite concerned, and I’m glad you’ve decided to get information from the experts, instead of randomly online. Since everyone has a bit of a different approach. Of the chat styles I've listed, which would work best for you?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No

no? to all of the above?

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 months ago.
What is your question and how old are you? Graying of the hair whether on the chest or head cannot be prevented. Some men will get grey or white chest hair or beard hair before the hair on their heads change , or the other way around. This is genetic and cannot be changed. Hair can be dyed or shaved.