Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

A few days ago I started really not feeling well, and on

Customer Question

Hello!A few days ago I started really not feeling well, and on Easter, I ended up having extreme weakness, dizziness...and painful sensitive skin (to which she said having sensitive painful skin isn't normal when your sick...which I found strange??) I took my temp and it was 99.5. Went home, slept and got up the next morning...throat absolutely killing me. Went to a walk in clinic yesterday and the NP did a strep test and said it came back with a faint pink line.. so she said I had strep. She asked me if I had a cough, running nose or ear pressure and I said no to all except mild ear pressure. So now this morning I wake up and I NOW have extreme ear pressure, cough starting and a ton of drainage... So I'm completely confused. Is it possible to have both strep AND a cold? She prescribed me Cephalexin...
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Cold symptoms are many times part of the strept throat. So you should start Cephalexin, if you have not.

Following can increase the body immunity so help in overcoming the infection;

1) Omega 3; Fish oil capsule and flaxseed oil capsule.

2) Ginkgo Biloba

3) Zinc 30 mg.

4) Vitamin C.

Steam inhalation too would help you.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you very much! Was just concerned that I was now having cold symptoms with strep as I didn't know that was possible : ) I appreciate the tips as well!!
You are very welcome.It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/