Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have severe panic attacks. My heartbeat is pounding and it

Customer Question

I have severe panic attacks. My heartbeat is pounding and it feels like I'm having a heart attack. My neck hurts, during these attacks and I'm extremely short of breath. The weird thing about it, is at the time I have these attacks, I don't feel stressed out about anything????I have tried every antidepressant under the sun. My doctor said they are for depression and anxiety. All they seem to do is make me feel more depressed. These attacks cause full blown asthma attacks, as well. It's so miserable. My mom gave me some of her Xanax and IT WORKED!! CAN YOU HELP ME????
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: For a very long time and I've reached out to many.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No, just history of kidney stones....but it's been years, since this problem has occurred.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Just to clarify, are you looking for information on how to manage these panic attacks or is your question something else?