Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I have some patches/rashes on my skin. It started 5 or 6

Hi, I have some patches/rashes on my skin. It started 5 or 6 months ago with a patch on my neck. It was right under where a strap from a bag had been rubbing, so I thought it was just irritation or a kind of burn from that. But it didn't go away, and since then there is also a patch on my inner upper arm, and a 3rd on my lower back. They are a bit red and a bit dry & coarse feeling. They itch mostly just after a shower or sauna, and they are darker red after that too. Otherwise they are a pinkish color and only itch occasionally. Pictured are 1 of the patch on my neck which is lighter than it used to be, and 3 of the one on my inner arm which is darker. Thanks for your opinion!

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Have you developed any associated bumps?

Is it painful to touch?

Have you tried any medications?

Can you please share picture.

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
On the patch on my upper inner arm, as you might see in the photos, there are a few bumps there. But not on the other patches. It is not painful to the touch, and like I said above, it only itches occasionally, especially after a hot shower or sauna. I haven't tried any medications. I wanted to find out what it is before doing anything. Thank you!

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 32 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry you have what appears to be ringworm, a fungal infection of the skin. May I suggest you apply two over the counter medications. Tinactin and 1 % Hydrocortisone cream. Apply one and rub in then apply the other and rub in. Apply both twice daily. It will take 10-14 days to resolve, if not, then a visit to your doctor for skin scraping/further testing and treatment.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello, I just wanted to follow up on this, because aren't there supposed to be rings around the ringworm rashes? Mine don't have this. Thanks.

Your pictures do show a slight ring. Have you tried the Tinactin/Cortisone as suggested?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not yet. Thanks for the reply.

I'm sure it will help you.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience: Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO