Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

Bad sore throat. Can't swallow, Saturday I woke up with a

bad sore throat. Can't swallow
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: Saturday I woke up with a dry cough and a scratchy throat, by yesterday it was getting unbearable. I haven't checked my temp but I get hot sweats and cold sweats. I also have a headache.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have high blood presssure which has been under control for 15 years.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Do you have green phlegm with cough?

Any discomfort in breathing?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yellowish phlegm. Just trouble swallowing.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms you have described of having bad sore throat,yellow phlegm,trouble swallowing,dry cough,hot and cold sweats along with headache since saturday is most likely due to upper respiratory tract infection caused by viral infection.Symptoms caused by a viral infection generally clears up on its own within 5-7 days with no complications.

Following is recommended for you:

• For symptomatic relief,take tab.NyQuil.It contains acetaminophen,dextromethorphan,doxylamine and pseudoephedrine that will provide you great relief from these symptoms.It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription.
  • Keep a humidifier running in your room.
  • Use an over-the-counter salt-water spray (inhaled through the nose) five or six times a day.This will provide you dramatic relief.
  • To get relief from head aches,take tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg from the counter. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

All this will help you greatly to subside the symptoms of viral infection.

If still after this,the symptoms persists,then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatments.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. I will give it a try. I hope to get relief soon. Very fast response, I really appreciate it.

Dear customer

Yes,this will provide you quick relief.

Thank you for the words of appreciation & for using just answer website.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh