Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was diagnosed with what they thought was viral meningitis…

I was diagnosed with what...
I was diagnosed with what they thought was viral meningitis about a week and a half ago. I spent three nights in the hospital on antibiotics and I am still having weakness and pain in my arms and legs is that normal?
4/10/2017
DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Yes the weakness and generalized body aches can last for few weeks after resolution of infection. It is a state of post viral syndrome. You need to keep yourself well hydrated and use analgesics to get a relief from these symptoms

Good luck

I am available and happy to assist you any further if you do need any further clarification on this

Do feel free to ask for any further information till you are satisfied that I have provided you with a 5 star rating service.

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What are analgesics? Can I get them over the counter?

Yes you can take Tylenol or advil to get a pain relief. Keep yourself hydrated and you will be fine soon

Good luck

Regards

Do you have any more question? If you have do ask

If done please don't forget to leave a POSITIVE RATING so that I may be credited for my services

Regards

DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No more questions right now. Thank You