Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

If i have already caught chickenpox once when i was a

child... do i have life...
If i have already caught chickenpox once when i was a child... do i have life long immunity ??
4/6/2017
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor

Welcome to justanswer.I am Dr.Sawhney and your complete satisfaction is my goal.

You have a lifelong immunity if you had it in childhood with a caveat that you can get chicken pox again if you become immunocompromised.

Therefore people who work in settings where chances of getting infected are higher like in a hospital may require to be tested for immunity against chicken pox and may need to be immunised if immunity is not up to the mark.

Most people do not require testing or immunisation.

Feel free to ask any follow up questions.

Do take a moment to honor my work and time by rating my answer, hopefully, 5 stars.

You can continue the conversation even after you have rated.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my wife recently get chickenpox.... will i have chance to get it again ??

You are unlikely to get it again.

Most people do not get it once they have had it.

Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor