Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have small bumps on the shaft of my penis and they kind of…

Customer Question
I have small bumps...

I have small bumps on the shaft of my penis and they kind of itch . Ive also just gotten out of the shower can you please explain whats going on with me ?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you in any pain?

Not in any pain and , i just noticed the little bumps this evening .

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I practice safe sex , but with oral i dont sometimes .

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please help
3/28/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Now from what you are describing and from what i see in the picture, it looks like that you may have developed fordyce spots. Fordyce spots are small raised yellowish or skin coloured pimples usually found in clusters on the shaft of the penis but they can also occur singularly. They can affect upto 80% of the population at one point in their lives. Fordyce spots are enlarged sebaceous glands. The function of Sebaceous glands is to produce and release a natural oil known as Sebum into the hair follicle to lubricate the skin. In the case of Fordyce spots, there is no hair follicle, and the Sebum is blocked resulting in raised bumps. The condition occurs naturally and is not associated with any illness, HIV or any STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease). They are not caused by a virus, and are not contagious. In fact the spots are completely harmless, and considered a cosmetic concern only.

Now in most cases they would fade over a period of a few weeks to few months however if you want you can have them removed by visiting your dermatologist via a simple procedure but there is NO real need for that actually. These are COMPLETELY harmless and are NOT associated with any STD.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating. Any BONUSES would be well appreciated